Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 is one of the best products announced at this year’s CES. Even its sibling XPS 13 2-in-1 looks breathtaking and powerful. The Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 will be available in the U.S. on Dell.com in April starting at $1,299.99. Dell XPS 13 is available on Dell.com, Microsoft.com and your local Microsoft store starting at $999 with an 8th Gen Intel Core i5 processor.
Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and XPS 13 received major upgrades this year and the best of all would be the new style maglev keyboard on the XPS 15. Both the laptops get next-generation InfinityEdge 4K UltraHD displays thas has even thinner bezels. The keyboard looks like a normal keyboard. The keys are held in place but the magnets below the keys move the key back to original position when it is clicked. In short, when you click a key and lift the finger, the key is pushed back to its place by a same polar magnet underneath the key. This causes better feedback from keys when compared to other 0.7mm keys.
The XPS 13 comes in great looking Rose Gold and Alpine White color combination. The better specs create 80% better headroom. Dell’s new Power Manager is more aggressive when compared to previous generations. GORE Thermal Insulation, the same silica aerogels used in the Mars Rover to diffuse and dissipate heat, introduces an innovative material into the thermal design to keep the system cool while it works hard.
“At Dell, innovation never sleeps. We’re passionate about creating technology that expands the boundaries of what’s possible,” explains Sam Burd, president, Client Solutions Group, Dell. “With Dell, the incredible product design you see on the outside makes for gorgeous machines, but one of our most striking advantages comes from the innovation within. Beauty and brawn lurk beneath those beautiful exteriors, revolutionizing and redefining personal computing, and giving people experiences they want – and some they’ve never dreamed possible.”
Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Key Specifications
- Processor Options : 8th Gen Intel® Quad CoreTM i5-8305G processor with RadeonTM RX Vega M GL graphics (6MB cache, up to 3.8GHz) or 8th Gen Intel® Quad CoreTM i7-8705G processor with RadeonTM RX Vega M GL graphics (8MB cache, up to 4.1GHz)
- Operating System : Microsoft® Windows® 10 Home 64-bit Microsoft® Windows® 10 Pro 64-bit
- Memory Options : 8GB-16GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2400MHz (On Board); 32GB post RTS
- Graphics :RadeonTM RX Vega M GL graphics with 4GB HBM2 RAM
- Display : 15.6″ UHD or FullHD 4K InfinityEdge touch display with 100% Adobe RGB
- Storage : 128GB, 256GB PCIe, 512GB PCIe, 1TB PCIe SSD
- Optical Drive Options Multimedia
- Construction : CNC machined aluminum in platinum silver with carbon fiber composite palm rest in black Edge-to-edge Corning® Gorilla® Glass 4
- Battery : 75Whr
- Keyboard : Full size, backlit Mag-Lev keyboard; 0.7mm travel Precision touchpad, seamless glass integrated button
- Ports : 2x Thunderbolt 3, 2x USB Type-C, DC-in, DisplayPort, microSD card reader, Noble lock slot.
- Optional Windows Hello compliant fingerprint reader in power button
- Dimension : 0.35-0.63” x 13.9″ x 9.3″
- Starting weight: 4.3 lbs* (1.97 kg*)