Back in June Qualcomm announced a new processor in its 4xx lineup. Snapdragon 430 has been the most successful processor in that series. We have also seen a slightly improved 435 and a little older SD425 in many mobiles in the lower to mid level segment. But now the new Snapdragon 450 is much more advanced and improved processor. This processor will be seen in many upcoming budget friendly mobiles.
Snapdragon 450 is an octa-core processor built on 14nm process. It is much more powerful and resource efficient, compared to SD435. SD450 also supports better photography. It can support dual cameras up to 13MP or a single camera up to 21 MP. This processor can also help click real time bokeh, which can let the user see a live preview of the background blur, before actually clicking the shot. Mobiles powered by SD450 can also have Quick Charge 3.0, USB 3.0 and support resolution up to FHD+ (2,160×1,440 pixels).
To sum it up, we have five major improvements on Snapdragon 450.
- Powerful CPU and GPU
- Better battery life and Quick Charge 3.0
- Better photography
- Support for faster data speeds (X9 LTE Modem and USB 3.0)
- Better display
We will see a number of mobiles from Xiaomi, Vivo and Huawei to be powered by Snapdragon 450 before the end of this year.
Here are the key specifications
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X9 LTE modem
- LTE Dual SIM
- VoLTE with SRVCC to 3G and 2G
- Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi) with LTE call continuity
- 802.11ac Wave 2, 802.11n, 802.11a/b/g
- Wi-Fi Spectral Bands: 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz
- Bluetooth 4.1
- USB 3.0
- Up to 13 MP camera
- 2x Image Sensor Processor (ISP)
- Real time Bokeh during camera preview
- Up to 1080p video capture @60 FPS
- Display: 1080p Full HD, FHD+ (18:9), WUXGA
- Audio Technology: Qualcomm® Fluence™ HD noise cancellation technology
- Qualcomm® Hexagon™ DSP
- 14 nm LPP Process
- Qualcomm® Adreno™ 506 GPU
- Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0 technology
- LPDDR3 RAM
- Storage eMMC 5.1
For further information, please visit